Ad fraud protection tools are designed to help businesses detect and prevent fraudulent activity in their advertising campaigns. These tools can help detect and block invalid clicks, impressions, and conversions, which can save businesses money and help to improve the overall performance of their advertising campaigns.
These tools usually work by analyzing data from advertising campaigns and identifying patterns that indicate fraudulent activity, such as a high number of clicks from the same IP address or clicks that occur at unusual times. Some examples include:
- Fraud detection software that uses machine learning algorithms to detect patterns of fraudulent activity
- Domain blacklisting and whitelisting, which allows advertisers to block or allow specific domains
- Click validation and filtering, which helps to detect and prevent invalid clicks.
It’s important to note that no single tool or solution can completely eliminate ad fraud, and that multiple solutions should be used together to effectively protect against it. Also, some of these solutions can be quite expensive, so it’s important to evaluate the benefits of a solution against the costs of implementing it.
There are several online ad fraud protection tools available on the market. Some examples include:
- Integral Ad Science (IAS): IAS offers several tools for ad fraud detection, including invalid traffic detection and brand safety monitoring.
- Pixalate: Pixalate is a platform that offers tools for detecting and preventing ad fraud, including a real-time bidding fraud detection system.
- Human: Human is a cybersecurity company that provides tools for detecting and preventing ad fraud, including its Real-Time Identification of Bots (RIB) system.
- Moat: It is an analytics company that offers a variety of tools to help with ad fraud detection, including Moat Pro which is a measurement and verification service that helps to ensure the validity of ad impressions.
- Polygraph: Polygraph monitors the activities of click fraud gangs, including how they operate, who they target, the techniques they use, and how to detect their fraud. Polygraph goes far beyond bot detection to ensure your ad budget is not stolen by cyber-criminals.
It’s important to note that these are just examples of ad fraud protection tools and there are many more options available. It is recommended to do further research and compare different solutions and see which one would best meet your company’s needs.