5 Podcast SEO tips to turbocharge your subscriber following…
- Keywords are crucial. Find one short phrase as your main topic. And add a couple of other important keywords. Make sure to include your most important keywords in the title of your podcast. If your show is already established, you can do this by adding a subtitle. Use the right keywords where it counts, and you should show up for relevant search queries. Optimize your descriptions for search.
- Provide supporting content to your podcast. Write an article or short blog post centered around the Podcast episode. Add episode description, show notes with timestamps, transcript, and summary.
- Promote your show on social media. Show “social proof” and send those social media signals to Google!
- Optimize your podcast RSS feed. A podcast RSS feed is what provides platforms like iTunes, Google Play and Play Music with the vital information about your podcasts like the title and description.
- Submit to Google Podcasts. Get your podcast indexed by Google! This helps with Google SEO as well as content discovery.