Video Marketing is really intriguing to me. From watching countless of Financial Advisor videos, the delivery & production can be really good or really bad.
Video is an incredible tool to market your Financial Service if done right. Good sticky video content can increase brand awareness, website visit lengths (time-on site), lead generation, as well as compliment your YouTube channel. Video is the perfect type of content to share across social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Sharing will maximize the most coverage.
A speaker’s charism must be “trust worthy” and compelling. The trust part is crucial if you want me to buy a product or gain a new financial service client. It really depends upon the charisma aspect, production quality and the actual subject. Video marketing is a powerful lead generation tool when done well.
Before looking into Video marketing, think about the ROI first.
- Time resource to make the actual video
- Produce the videos in-house? or do you outsource to a production firm?
- Costs of production (fly out a small team from a production firm or use a remote solution). Costs can also include equipment, script writing, etc.
Basic video success for Financial Advisors depends on the following:
- Length (1-5 mins).
- Production quality (high-resolution). When it comes to shooting and distributing your videos, it’s important to know about image resolution.
- Subject. Financial subjects include Medicare, Retirement, Social Security, Investing, Wealth Management, Personal Finance, etc. If the script is great and spot-on, the more clicks and visitors traffic back to the website = potential new client leads.
- Speakers charisma. Charismatic people are confident and need help establish trust for the video to interest potential clients.
Remote Video Creation solutions such as OpenReel & Vidyard offer great ways to add video into your emails & website. These services can film from anywhere remotely on a user’s computer or smartphone. Upload your compliant financial advisor videos and drive engagement and lead generation on all channels (website, social media, YouTube, email).
Upload the videos onto your website as well as YouTube channel. You can even host it on Vimeo where you can publish videos to any channel, customize the player and add powerful marketing tools to bump up engagement.
Most important – Be authentic, know your client “persona” target and provide FINRA & SEC compliant original video content. Focus on your financial service specialty!