- Mobile-friendliness has been a ranking factor on mobile since 2015. When Google moved to mobile-first indexing in 2019, website mobile friendliness became a ranking factor on desktop as well. Use the Mobile Usability report in the Google Search Console to see if your website has usability problems when viewed on mobile devices. After successfully making your website mobile responsive, you need to perform a responsive test online on multiple devices like Mobile Phones, Tablets, Laptops, and Desktops to ensure the mobile responsive web design and that content and images are adapting themselves as per the screen size in which they are being viewed on. A good plan is half of your success. This is why planning ahead for every little part of your mobile responsive website design is crucial.
- HTTPS improves security for your website’s visitors and has been a “lightweight” Google ranking signal since 2014. If your website doesn’t use HTTPS, you’ll see a “not secure” warning in your browser. HTTPS is a way to encrypt information that you send between a browser and a web server. So, if your site doesn’t have SSL certificates and is on HTTPS, then now would be a good time to update.
With 52 million daily active users, Reddit is one platform you shouldn’t overlook when it comes to marketing your business. Reddit is a powerful Ad Marketing tool as the site talks about everything from politics to technology news and entertainment topics like Game Of Thrones. These users are potential customers, so it pays off to advertise on Reddit if you’re looking for brand exposure or promotion for your products or services.
This month (October), Reddit has made new enhanced features for its Ads Manager which will improve how advertisers manage their campaigns on the platform. Among the changes, Reddit has introduced a new Audience Manager tool, enabling advertisers to create, edit, delete and reuse audiences across their Reddit ad account. Further features include:
- This new Reddit Support chat module is accessible on every page of the Ads Manager, as well as in the Reddit Ads Help Center.
- The Reddit Pixel Helper is a wizard-style experience in the ads dashboard that streamlines the pixel setup process to help new performance-focused advertisers integrate the Reddit Pixel, which lets them measure their campaign success, optimize campaigns, and retarget high-value customers.
- Testing campaigns and signing up will now be easier for advertisers. Reddit is introducing an advertising credit so that advertisers can learn more about the company’s advertising solutions and test Reddit as a channel for their business.
- The company has added more than 1000 new targetable communities to the Reddit Ads Manager.
- User interface updates that have been implemented over the course of the year include updated navigation, a revamped sign-up page, and an updated metrics modal that separates events and metrics.
- The Audience Manager tool allows advertisers to edit, delete, create and reuse audiences across their Reddit ad accounts.
- Advertisers can now update the creatives of an existing ad right on the ‘Edit Ad’ page, allowing them to quickly make changes to their campaigns.
Reddit self-serve ads can be a powerful element of the overall marketing strategy for your small, medium, and corporate business. Reddit can offer social media advertisers advantages compared to some of the more established ad channels like Meta or Twitter. Reddit can offer advertisers Highly-Engaged Audiences at a lower cost. Less competition on the Reddit ad platform means you can expect CPMs (cost per thousand) and CPCs (cost per click) that are considerably lower than your main social advertising networks. If you’re looking for an alternative platform to advertise, Reddit is sneaky good Advertising and PPC’s best-kept secret as millions of users are actively researching their topics of interest at this very moment.
Are you getting clicks & likes but no conversions (sales or leads)?
Clicks and likes are forms of engagement. Whenever a user clicks on a social media post, that user is engaging it in some way. On most social media platforms, there is no way to quantify just how interested a user is in your brand other than counting the number of times they’ve engaged it.
Conversions are the end goal of all social media strategies, whether it’s branding, product sales, or service leads. If you have an online store, one of your conversion goals could be to get people to purchase something from your store. Let’s say someone clicks on your Twitter profile and then purchases something from your store. That’s a social media conversion. If you have a Financial Planner (CFP) or Advisor service, a key conversion goal is to get people interested in your service to fill out an information form on your website. Again, let’s say someone clicks on your Twitter profile that links them back to your website landing page where they fill out their contact information. That’s a social media conversion.
How do you convert on social media? A few basic ways (as stated above) are:
- Add a link in your profile that when clicked, leads to your product shopping page (cart). Make sure your product landing page is mobile-friendly.
- For services, add a link in your profile that when clicked, links them to your website contact submission form. Make sure your website contact submission form is mobile-friendly.
- Use Hashtags. Hashtags are a proven way to increase traffic to your content and to your website. Make sure that you’re using social media hashtags that are relevant to your business. Don’t overstuff with Hashtags (looks spammy). Use 2-3 Hashtags per post.
- Your audience definitely wants to see engaging content from you. They also want to be able to connect with you as well. Your social media conversions will improve if you are commenting, liking, and sharing.
- Include compelling calls to action working on your social media posts. Asking for followers to check out your recent promotions or product/service discounts is a call to action.
Last but not least, track your social media metric traffic back to your website or the product page. Using tools such as Google Analytics, or social analytics tools such as Keyhole, Sprout Social, and Hootsuite also allows you to identify the type of creative and messaging (posts) that performs best. Don’t wait to go viral. Grind. Persistence. Put in the work. Play the long game. Share your content across social platforms. All it takes is one of your followers to share a content post and the conversion amplification may go 2x.
If you’re looking to build your business (or Services) presence online, add a blog to your website and start posting short-form articles.
Once you added a blog section (page) to your website, start posting 1-2 times per week. Where do you start? Some ideas for short-form articles posts include:
- Product (services) centric posts. Try writing around your product (services) features and benefits. The uniqueness of a product or service can set it apart from the competition. Features can communicate the capability of a product or service. But features are only valuable if customers see those particular features as valuable. You want products or services with features that customers perceive as valuable benefits. By highlighting benefits in blog post efforts, you’ll increase your website traffic as well as leads or sales.
- Grab content out of product user guides or white papers.
- Post product hacks (tips & tricks).
- Post snippets from outside product reviews and link to that original article. Linking to an outside product review will create “social proof”.
- Post press releases. Add numerous images to liven up the article. Even though press releases can be very boring, it’s easy to “cut and paste” them into a blog post, and they help with website SEO (keywords in posting PRs).
Once you start posting to your blog, share them across your business social media platforms. If you don’t have a business (services) Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest page, set one up ASAP.
Whether you own a Financial Services firm or a company that sells XYZ products, adding a blog to your website is CRUCIAL to lead generation or product sales.
Work bottom-up. Start with the basics. Set aside an hour a day. Write blog articles, schedule social media posts, and create images for your Pinterest page or Instagram account. One task at a time. Be “present” with creating content. When you’re on a roll, focus and let it flow. There is no such thing as overnight success in social media marketing.
Don’t wait to go viral. Grind. Persistence. Put in the work. Play the long game. Share your content across social platforms. All it takes is one of your followers to share a content post and the amplification goes 2x. Avoid looking at social media success in terms of volume. Take your time to create quality content. Attention is better than impressions.
Do something instead of killing time. Because time is killing you.
So it starts. 2022 will be the year when Marketers will start figuring out creative ways to incorporate branding, and purchasing in the Metaverse. Not only branding and commerce, but incorporating methods of generating leads if your a service oriented business. I will be covering and uncovering marketing tactics all year focusing on the Metaverse. Everyone wants in on the Metaverse. Think new Gold rush. Virtual reality will be a “thing” when Apple finally releases their VR glasses/headset later in 2022 (so the the rumor goes) with a deep splashy dive into the Metaverse. Oculus 2 is already here and sold massive quantities this last Christmas. Major push has no begun. Get ready. Its going to take off.
5 Podcast SEO tips to turbocharge your subscriber following…
- Keywords are crucial. Find one short phrase as your main topic. And add a couple of other important keywords. Make sure to include your most important keywords in the title of your podcast. If your show is already established, you can do this by adding a subtitle. Use the right keywords where it counts, and you should show up for relevant search queries. Optimize your descriptions for search.
- Provide supporting content to your podcast. Write an article or short blog post centered around the Podcast episode. Add episode description, show notes with timestamps, transcript, and summary.
- Promote your show on social media. Show “social proof” and send those social media signals to Google!
- Optimize your podcast RSS feed. A podcast RSS feed is what provides platforms like iTunes, Google Play and Play Music with the vital information about your podcasts like the title and description.
- Submit to Google Podcasts. Get your podcast indexed by Google! This helps with Google SEO as well as content discovery.
- Spike in (unique) visitor traffic and page views on a specific content post.
- The number of Shares, Likes, Pins, ReTweets on Social Media.
- Media mentions and stories covering your business or firm.
- Website ranking (SERPs) increase.
- Time on page (Content). If you’re seeing higher time on page stats, they are […] engaging with your content.
- Bounce rates. If the success of your site depends on users viewing more than one page (content), a high bounce rate is bad.
- Conversions. Actual product sales or new clients (example: Financial Services).
- Geography. Find out where your website visitors are coming from and how many. This helps content marketers optimize for the geographical locations (or geos) that are most important to their business.
- How are the visitors reading your content? Mobile, Desktop, Tablet data can help (understand) trends and how to optimize your website design.
If you lack the resources for generating content, outsource to an agency or freelancer for help. The basic purpose is to create content and try to post at least 2-3 times per week. Content is scalable and you can add as needed or when more resources become available. Content Marketing is very important!