Small business owners today are always on the lookout for tools and platforms that can help them manage their operations effectively. Discord, the popular chat and voice communication app, has quickly become one of the best tools for small business owners. Here’s how you can use Discord to its full potential for your small business.
- Create a server for your business: The first step is to create a server for your business. You can invite your employees and customers to this server, and use it as the main platform for communication and collaboration. You can also create different channels for different departments, projects, or discussions. If you sell content online, you can use a private Discord server to reward your customers. This gives your fans an incentive to subscribe. And unlike one-off subscription rewards, access to a Discord server encourages fans not to let their subscription lapse.
- Use Discord for team collaboration: Discord allows for real-time communication, which makes it ideal for team collaboration. You can use it for regular team meetings, discussions, and even for video conferencing.
- Share files and documents: Discord also allows you to share files and documents with your team. You can upload important files, such as presentations, spreadsheets, and reports, directly to the server, and your team members can access them anytime.
- Customer support: Discord can also be used for customer support. You can create a separate channel for customer support, and your team can use it to answer customer questions, resolve issues, and provide support in real-time. Do you sell something that takes skill to use? Host classes or workshops about how to use your product.
- Marketing and promotion: Discord can also be used for marketing and promotion. You can create a channel for promotions and announcements, and share news and updates with your customers. Livestream a raffle for a product giveaway to increase excitement. Announce contest winners over a Livestream.
- Stay organized with Discord Bots: Discord has a wide range of bots that can help you automate different tasks, such as scheduling reminders, tracking time, and even creating polls.
Most features on Discord are free. It doesn’t cost anything to join and create servers. But there are some services that cost money. Running a Discord server is free and comes with basically all features. Individual users can pay for Nitro and unlock a few goodies, like more custom emoji and bigger upload sizes. Individual users can also opt to give boosts to servers, which unlocks more emoji slots and animated server icons. To unlock all the features for your server, you need to spend Server Boosts on it. Higher boost levels give your server benefits like higher audio quality and more customization options.
Discord is a versatile platform that can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether you need it for team collaboration, customer support, marketing and promotion, or organization, Discord has you covered. By using Discord to its full potential, small business owners can streamline their operations, increase efficiency, and improve communication with their employees and customers.