If you’re looking to build your business (or Services) presence online, add a blog to your website and start posting short-form articles.
Once you added a blog section (page) to your website, start posting 1-2 times per week. Where do you start? Some ideas for short-form articles posts include:
- Product (services) centric posts. Try writing around your product (services) features and benefits. The uniqueness of a product or service can set it apart from the competition. Features can communicate the capability of a product or service. But features are only valuable if customers see those particular features as valuable. You want products or services with features that customers perceive as valuable benefits. By highlighting benefits in blog post efforts, you’ll increase your website traffic as well as leads or sales.
- Grab content out of product user guides or white papers.
- Post product hacks (tips & tricks).
- Post snippets from outside product reviews and link to that original article. Linking to an outside product review will create “social proof”.
- Post press releases. Add numerous images to liven up the article. Even though press releases can be very boring, it’s easy to “cut and paste” them into a blog post, and they help with website SEO (keywords in posting PRs).
Once you start posting to your blog, share them across your business social media platforms. If you don’t have a business (services) Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest page, set one up ASAP.
Whether you own a Financial Services firm or a company that sells XYZ products, adding a blog to your website is CRUCIAL to lead generation or product sales.