Why Businesses Should Utilize Social Media
- Drives traffic
- Discover new customers
- Builds brands
- Attracts customers and evangelists who can help spread the “message”
- Creates positive associations with product or brand
How do you track social media ROI (metrics)?
- Traffic data (uniques coming from social media pages/profile)
- Fan/Follower data
- Social interaction data
- Social content performance (is the content produced on these social media sites driving traffic?)
Are there tools to help me track these metrics? Oh yeah! Just to name a few….
- Radian6. Best known social media monitoring tool.
- Social Mention. “Google Alerts” for Social Media.
- TwentyFeet. Aggregation of metrics and a datastream from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Klout. Measures influence online.
- Viralheat. One of the best ways to measure social media (cheap for basic plan).