Because its a great business networking platform for self-promotion, branding, advertising, sales, and multimedia interaction. Why? Why spend the money and time? Below are a few basic reasons (stats):
1. 93% of adult US Internet users are on Facebook. (source: BlogHer, April 2011)
2. Facebook is overtaking Google and Yahoo in total time spent online. (source: ComScore, August 2011)
3. More than half of B2B marketers agree that Facebook is an effective marketing tool. (source: Outsell, December 2009)
4. More than half of small businesses agree that Facebook is beneficial to their business. (source: Ad-ology, November 2010)
5. 67% of B2C and 41% of B2B companies that use Facebook for marketing have acquired a customer through this channel. (source: HubSpot State of Inbound Marketing Report 2011)
6. One out of every eight minutes online is spent on Facebook. (source: ComScore, February 2011)
The demographics are almost limitless for all different products and services. Just a simple Facebook fan page will work. A fan page is an official page for a brand on Facebook. A Facebook page is created and other users can become fans of the page. Put a linkback to your website and its yet another way to increase traffic.