Yes, but it takes a lot of creativity, ingenuity and content creation.
First off, create a constant flow of good, quality content. Update your website content everyday. Include links to outside sources and use high quality graphics (.png). New revolving content is KEY. Content is king. New content updated daily will catch the search engine’s attention. You must do one thing: provide a daily flow of content.
More traffic without SEO tips also include:
- Search for an aggregator within your vertical and see if they will pick up your content. Contact the editor. Get a conversation going through email. If your selling something (retail), try and get a coupon aggregator to pick you up.
- Make sure you have an RSS feed subscription. Make it easy for visitors to get your daily updates.
- If your using a WordPress (publishing platform) site, download and install a SEO plugin at the WordPress Plugin Directory. Let the plugin do all the work. You don’t need to know a damn thing about SEO to install one of these plugins. This is easy and will help get you that low hanging traffic fruit. Good WordPress SEO plugins include: Meta SEO Pack, SEO Ultimate, SEO Tools, Platinum SEO Pack.
- Get users to comment and engage in some sort of discussion on your site. This generates more content and more search engine juice. If your starting out and don’t have any users, create numerous dummy email accounts and post comments thru these accounts. Make sure you add/post a DIGG, Reddit, Gbuzz, StumbleUpon, Delicious, and Tweet your website and every content post.
- Submitted a site map to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Pay for online ads (Google, Facebook). This is good if your selling a product, but bad if your just promoting a content site that isn’t selling anything but click-through ads. SPAM tends to gravitate towards paid online ads promoting content while trying to get paid through Google ads or banner advertisement clicks so be careful. Go with PPC (if your budget permits) if you have an actual product or service to sell.